Indeed, Dawg fans, would you say you are started up at this point? You ought to be. Washington went to Palo Alto (CA) and put a 27-9 whipping on Stanford Saturday (11-3-07) to end Washington’s 6-game losing streak.
The Huskies at last worked up to the next level of their bike and told us the best way to ride The Cardinal into the turf. The Cardinal is a truly abnormal epithet for an American school football crew; it alludes to-in all honesty the shade of their pullovers and not some bird zooming around Palo Alto.
I think that its unusual that The Cardinal is likewise consistently alluded to in the solitary as opposed to the plural, as, “here comes The Cardinal” as the players surge onto the field.
In spite of the entirety of the discussion about Stanford being Washington’s most vulnerable adversary since its season opening 42-12 triumph out and about at Syracuse, The Cardinal miracle USC 24-23 out and about. The Huskies lost to USC 27-24 at home.
I anticipated that get-togethers’ misfortune to Oregon it would beat Arizona. The Huskies beginning 22 then, at that point expeditiously went out and lost to the Wildcats 48-41 in Husky Stadium. So I was a game off.
How Washington dealt with Stanford merited the pause. For openers:
1) Senior running back Louis Rankin scrambled for 255 yards and a score, the fourth best surging exhibition in school history. คาสิโน กัมพูชา The Husky hostile line recovered some proportion of pride as Rankin found the middle value of 7.1 yards per convey.
I think a ton of us recollect Corey Dillon’s 259 yard surging execution against Oregon in 1996. Fortunately, I am not mature enough to recollect record-holder Hugh McElhenny’s 296-yard exertion against Washington State in 1950.
2) Freshman Jake Locker added one more 97 yards at 6.1 yards per convey. Coming, he broke Dennis Fitzpatrick’s 1974 record of 697 yards by a Husky quarterback. At the point when the game was finished, Locker had 791 yards this season with 4 games passed on to play.
3) The Huskies stacked up 388 net yards surging and 151 yards passing (16 for 32, no scores and 1 interference) for 547 all out yards on offense. The safeguard surrendered 234 all out net yards.
4) Washington had 33 first downs (25 hurrying) to Stanford’s 15, and ruled the clock with 35:46 season of ownership to Stanford’s 24:14.
5) Loyal fans have been standing by the entire season for the Husky safeguard to ascend and resemble the Huskies of the wonder a very long time under incredible Head Coach Don James and Defensive Coordinator (and later Head Coach) Jim Lambright.
That second came in the second quarter with Washington driving 10-3 and Stanford on the Husky 2-yard line following a Louis Rankin bobble. On first down, the Huskies pushed Stanford back a yard.
Stanford’s subsequent endeavor to score was halted when senior linebacker Trenton Tuiasosopo stood up Stanford’s ballcarrier, junior cornerback Byron Davenport flew in and punched the ball free, and senior security Mesphin Forrester recuperated.
So, the Washington Husky group met up disagreeably and protectively against Stanford. At the point when I anticipated get-togethers Oregon misfortune that the best was on the way I was not just composing inspirational statements.
At some point or another, as day follows night, the unpracticed players become more experienced and perform better.
The following stop for the Huskies is at Oregon State. The Beavers are noted for their physical (decipher ruthless) hits and play. The game could turn out to be to a greater extent a thunder in football gear. The Huskies will get hit and they need to hit back more diligently. Beast power and boldness could decide the victor.